Sonesta is thrilled to be part of the annual South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas (March 11-20) for the first time ever! The Sonesta Bee Cave Austin, which opened at the Hill Country Galleria in July 2015 to high praise, is just 15 minutes away from the venues surrounding Ladybird Lake. What’s more, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is only 20 minutes away. And we’re making our debut year an event to remember – with special rates for attendees, live music in Meridian 98 our roof top lounge, and a showcase in our lobby.
South by Southwest, or SXSW, is in its 30th year. Since 1987, leading and up-and-coming musicians, film makers and tech developers have converged in Austin to exchange ideas, demonstrate what they do best, and drum up support for projects and initiatives. It’s a unique blend of creativity, science and intellect full of new media, concerts, film screenings, panel discussions and networking where new ideas are sparked and seemingly disparate disciplines evolve side-by-side. Simply put, it is THE place to be for media and entertainment junkies. Past keynote speakers and performers have included author Malcolm Gladwell, journalist Dan Rather, musicians Van Morrison and Katy Perry and filmmaker Richard Linklater.
And guests of the Sonesta Bee Cave Austin will enjoy even more. Hear live music from three bands daily in partnership with Sun Radio in our rooftop lounge, Meridian 98. And get into the excitement with live radio broadcasts between March 15 and 19.
Here’s what else we’re offering, with rates from $169 with a minimum 2-night stay:
- Affordable, luxurious accommodations ranging from spacious guest rooms to well-appointed suites
- Prime location at the Hill Country Galleria complex – home to shopping, dining and nightlife
- Live broadcasts and bands daily from Sun Radio at the hotel’s rooftop terrace and lounge, Meridian 98
- Free overnight self-parking
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24-hour fitness center
- Opportunity to enjoy seasonal small plates and hand-crafted cocktails at Meridian 98
- Complimentary trolley to Hill Country Galleria
- Close proximity to Hill Country Vineyards and Distilleries
- And much more!