Around any dining table, Springtime means freshness. This is especially true at the Sonesta Philadelphia, where Executive Chef Rolf Bechtold has created for the ArtBar yet another light and delicious entrée. Enjoy … and Happy Spring!
Pan Seared Asian Salmon
1-7 oz salmon filet
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 cup Asian Slaw (preparation below)
1 cup spinach leaves
2 oz Japanese dressing of your preference, such as Nippon
Asian Slaw Ingredients & Preparation:
2 cups shredded white cabbage
2 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups cut scallions
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ tsp wasabi powder
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour the mixture over the slaw, mix well and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate unused portion for later use.
- Season salmon with Cajun seasoning.
- Sear the top and bottom side on griddle.
- Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan and bake in convection oven at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté spinach leaves in olive oil for just a few minutes until they reach desired consistency.
- Serve salmon over Asian Slaw and top with spinach. Serve Japanese Dressing on the side for dipping, as shown.