While enjoying your stay at our hotel near Princeton University, guests have the opportunity to visit the many beautiful sites in the area. Whether you want to immerse yourself in the history, the scenery, or the wildlife, there is an attraction for you. Read on to learn about the places you can’t miss while staying at Sonesta ES Suites Princeton.
- Princeton University Art Museum: This museum houses over 92,000 works of art, some dating back to the earliest days of art collecting in Princeton in the 1750s. You can check it out on your own, sign up for a tour, or bring the family for self-guided activities. It’s the perfect activity for guests of all ages staying at our hotel near Princeton University.
- Historic Princeton Walking Tour: For history lovers looking to get some fresh air, these tours are a great combination of the outdoors and education. Weekend walks include viewing the Princeton University campus, as well as Albert Einstein’s neighborhood. On Sundays, guests are encouraged to enjoy brunch, as the tours are set to begin at the doors of a restaurant conveniently located on the tour route.
- Terhune Orchards: This 200-acre farm is a great location for families and adults alike who are staying at our hotel near Princeton University. Depending on what crops are in season, you can pick your own and bring it home for a tasty snack. In addition, there is a farm store that is open all year-round. The winery is a great place for 21+ visitors to enjoy tasting wine in the historic 150-year-old barn. You may just enjoy it so much, you’ll buy a bottle of your own!
- Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park: Just over 2 miles away from Sonesta ES Suites Princeton, this state park provides a multitude of activities. For instance, visitors can canoe, jog, hike, bike, fish, or go horseback riding. With operation hours set from “sunrise to sunset,” visitors can enjoy a day of exploring the remnants of houses, cobblestone, and stone-arched culverts. Don’t forget to stop and listen to the sounds, as 160 different species have been identified in the park.
- Drumthwacket Governor’s Residence: This historic house has been home to the Governor of New Jersey since 1981. The estate is located near the site of the Battle of Princeton, which marked one of the most important battles of the American Revolution. Guests cannot miss out on this significant part of New Jersey’s history. Guided tours are typically scheduled every Wednesday beginning at 1:00pm, with additional dates offered when the house is decorated for the holiday season.
- Grounds for Sculpture: This park is home to a vast collection of contemporary outdoor sculptures and consists of 42 acres of beautifully landscaped areas to wander. In addition, there are six indoor galleries with rotating exhibitions. Book a tour, host a party, or catch a performing arts event – there is so much to do at this attraction right by our hotel near Princeton University.
The rich history of Princeton makes it an excellent travel location for everyone. When searching for a hotel near Princeton University, be sure to book with Sonesta ES Suites Princeton. Our concierge will ensure that you have all the information you need to make your stay one that you won’t soon forget!