Interested in learning about Coconut Grove’s past? Hotels in Miami Beach are conveniently located near historic museums and state parks. Check out this list of sites to visit during your stay at Sonesta Coconut Grove.
- Historical Museum of Southern Florida: This museum is dedicated to conveying the history of South Florida and the Caribbean. Head here to explore 10,000 years of history and culture!
- PAMM – Perez Art Museum Miami: Go check out the extensive collection of modern and contemporary art housed at this museum near our hotel in Miami Beach. The exhibits aim to highlight the diverse community of Miami, as well as its pivotal geographic location between the two Americas.
- Miami Children’s Museum: Bring the kids out for a day at the children’s museum located about 15 minutes from Sonesta Coconut Grove. It includes 12 galleries, classrooms, a parent/teacher resource center, the “Kid Smart” educational gift shop, and so much more!
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: This National Historic Landmark and accredited museum was created to be the subtropical home of James Deering in the 1910s. James was an industrial executive in the early 20th century who was passionate in his endeavor to construct this beautiful area. Since his time, the land has been maintained and open to the public for exploration!
- The Barnacle Historic State Park: Visit the original home of Ralph Munroe, one of Coconut Grove’s most charming and influential pioneers. He held the natural world around him at a very high value, which can be seen by the beauty of his estate. Catch a glimpse of old Florida by making a trip to The Barnacle!
Book your stay at Sonesta Coconut Grove to immerse yourself in the history of Southern Florida! Visit our website or call 1.800.SONESTA to make a reservation at one of the top hotels in Miami Beach.