One aspect of staying at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, our hotel in Duluth, GA, that many guests enjoy is its close proximity to the famous Atlanta Aquarium. As the largest aquarium in the Western Hemisphere, the aquarium is home to tens of thousands of animals and 10 million gallons of water. The location is a favorite for locals and tourists alike because, with so many different species of animals in the same location, it can be a different experience every time you visit!
Here are the kinds of animals you can discover when you visit the Atlanta Aquarium while staying at our hotel in Duluth, GA:
- Amphibians – These cold-blooded creatures – including salamanders, newts, toads, and frogs – require moist environments to keep their scales damp.
- Birds – The Atlanta Aquarium is home to both flying birds like pelicans and seagulls, and marine birds like penguins.
- Bony fish – Fish like eels, groupers, and sea horses – all of which can be found at this aquarium – have skeletons made of bone.
- Cartilaginous fish – Sharks and rays are just two examples of cartilaginous fish you may stumble upon while visiting Atlanta Aquarium. Instead of bones, their skeletons are made of flexible cartilage.
- Invertebrates – The Atlanta Aquarium is also home to a number of animals which don’t have skeletons at all. Be on the lookout for sea stars, coral, anemone, crabs, and more!
- Mammals – The warm-blooded animals that can be found at this aquarium include otters, whales, and dolphins.
- Reptiles – From tortoises and alligators to turtles and sliders, there are a number different cold-blooded, scaly animals who call this aquarium home.
There truly is a little something for everyone at the Atlanta Aquarium. And, thanks to the cafeteria area that serves a number of tasty meals, you and your family can turn your trip to the aquarium into an all-day adventure! When you’re done, you will enjoy the convenience of just a short drive back to our hotel in Duluth, GA. To reserve a room at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, click here, or simply call 1.800.SONESTA.