Do you have an upcoming stay at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City? We can’t wait to have you! Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, alone or with family and friends, this city has so much to offer, and a little something to suit everyone. Understandably, however, you may be feeling a little anxious about traveling to a new place. Did you know that a great way to ease some of those fears is to learn a little about the city in which you’ll be staying?
Here are some interesting facts about Oklahoma City to help you prepare for your upcoming stay at our hotel:
- Oklahoma City is the capital of the great state of Oklahoma. It was settled during the Land Run of April 22, 1889 and has a population of 1.3 million, making it the largest city in the state.
- Oklahoma City gets about 300 days of sunshine each year, on average. When you visit, be sure to pack your sunscreen!
- The capitol building in Oklahoma City has an oil well under it. Daily tours of the capital building are also available.
- Oklahoma City has more man-made lakes I it than any other American city – over 200.
- The city has its own NBA team, the Oklahoma City Thunder. They play at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. Try to catch a game if you are visiting during the season!
These are just a few of the many things that make Oklahoma City a great place to visit. If you would like to learn more about the area and the many activities and opportunities available to you during your stay, our concierge will be glad to assist you. To book your stay at Sonesta ES Suites Oklahoma City, follow this link today.