Another holiday weekend is upon us, and that means good food, great company, and a number of tasty and refreshing Liquid Art recipes from the talented chefs at Sonesta hotels across the country. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites and posted them below for you to try. Whether lounging poolside during the day or watching fireworks at night, these cocktails are sure to be the cherry on top of another great 4th of July!
Red, White, and Blackberry at The Chase Park Plaza
- 1.5oz Blackberry and Tahitian vanilla infused vodka
- .75oz fresh lemon juice
- .25oz luxardo cherry juice
- .25oz simple syrup
- Combine ingredients in mixing tin, shake, and fine strain into coupe glass.
- Top with elderflower foam.
- Garnish with strawberry and blueberry.
Sparkling Star cocktail from Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
- 5 oz. Sparkling wine
- 1oz. Cranberry Juice
- Dash of Blue Curacao
- Whip Cream
- Combine the sparkling wine, cranberry juice, and blue curaco in a glass.
- Top with whip cream and enjoy!
Fourth of July Poolside Cooler from Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
- 1.25 oz. Don Q Cristal Rum
- 3 oz. Island Oasis Pina Colada
- 2 oz. Island Oasis Strawberry
- .5 oz. Blue Curacao
- Blend Island Oasis and ½ rum and layer on the bottom
- Blend 2nd layer of Strawberry mix and Don Q rum, blend on top of the Pina Colada layer
- Add the Blue Curacao floater and enjoy!
Watermelon-Blueberry Cooler from Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
- Fresh Pureed Watermelon
- Lemon Juice
- Blueberry Vodka
- Sugared Rim
- Blueberries for Garnish
- Puree the watermelon, lemon juice, and blueberry vodka in a blender.
- Add ice and blend more.
- Use blue sugar to rim the glass.
- Pour pureed watermelon mixture into glass and garnish with blueberries.
- White Rum
- Blue Raspberry
- Pina Colada
- Strawberry Puree
- Cocktail Cherry for garnish
- Blend Vodka and Blue Raspberry Puree with ice until desired consistency and set aside.
- Blend White Rum and coconut puree with ice until the same consistency.
- At the base of a hurricane glass, use 1 oz of strawberry puree. Layer the blue raspberry blend and the pina colada blend in the glass.
The Sparkler from Royal Sonesta New Orleans
- 1 ½ oz Ford’s Gin
- ¾ oz Lemon Juice
- ½ oz St Germain
- ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice, Shake and Strain into a chilled Champagne Flute.
- Top with Sparkling Wine
- Garnish with a long lemon Twist.
Star Spangle Spritzer from Royal Sonesta Houston
- 1oz Hendricks Gin
- ½oz Campari
- 1oz Strawberry puree
- ¼oz Lemon Juice
- ¼oz Lime Juice
- 6 Blueberries
- 3oz Pierre Sparr Sparkling Rose’
- Lightly muddle the blueberries, add ice and add the first four ingredients and shake.
- Pour into a red wine glass and top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry
- 2 parts Tequila
- 1 part Lime Juice
- 1 part Blue Curaçao
- Light Corn Syrup
- PopRocks candy as garnish
- Mix all ingredients together and serve over ice. Rim glass with lime juice and roll in Pop Rocks candy.
Shaken Swarm from Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
- Treaty Oak Barrel Aged Rum
- Sugar Island Coconut Rum
- Treaty Oak Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
If you try any of our tasty, patriotic drinks over the holiday weekend, leave us a comment here on the blog and let us know what you thoughts!
Categories: Liquid Art