In honor of National Rum Day on August 16th, we’ve compiled some popular rum drinks from Sonesta hotels across the country. If you’re looking for a way to celebrate this “holiday,” get some friends together and have your own cocktail sampling party featuring some of our finest rum drinks.
A Pyrat’s Treasure from Royal Sonesta Houston:
- 1 ½ Pyrat Rum
- ½ Banana Liquor
- 1 ½ oz Coco Lopez coconut puree
- 2oz Orange Juice
- 2oz Pineapple Juice
- Garnish: Pineapple leaves, Pineapple slices and sprinkle of nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients and blend in a blender. Pour in a collins glass garnish with two pineapple leaves, two pineapple slices and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Blackberry Rum Mule from Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta :
- 1 oz rum
- ½ oz lime juice
- 3 oz ginger beer
- Fresh blackberries
- Muddle blackberries, rum and lime juice. Add ice and ginger beer. Garnish with raspberries and squeeze of lime.
Coconut Banana Rum Punch from Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta:
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz banana liqueur
- 3 oz pineapple
- 3 oz orange juice
- ¼ oz grenadine
- Combine all ingredients over ice, shake. Garnish with cherry.
Watermelon Mojito from Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach:
- 2 ounces rum
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 1-ounce simple syrup
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 3 1/2 ounces watermelon flesh, cut into cubes
- Muddle watermelon and mint in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass. Add rum, lime juice, and simple syrup, and shake well with ice. Pour (without straining) into a double rocks glass.
Riptide from Royal Sonesta Boston:
- Blue Chair Bay White Rum
- Simple syrup
- Mint leaves
- Ginger beer
Rum Julep from Royal Sonesta Boston:
- Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum Cream
- Coconut water
Island Oasis from Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
- Malibu Rum
- Island Punch Pucker
- Midori Melon Liqueur
- Sour Mix
If you try any of these tasty concoctions in honor of National Rum Day on August 16th, let us know what you thought! Leave a comment right here on our blog and let us know which drink was your favorite!
Categories: Liquid Art