Birmingham, Alabama, is a city full of history. As the most populous city in Alabama, Birmingham offers a wide array of activities for residents and visitors alike, making it the perfect spot for a long weekend or a family vacation. No matter how long you’ll be in the area, you’ll have plenty of activities and attractions to visit. Here are just a few of the top sights you can check out:
- Birmingham Zoo – Guests of all ages are sure to enjoy the approximately 900 animals that call this 122-acre zoo home. The zoo even houses a number of endangered species from six different continents.
- Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum – Stop by this museum to see a collection of more than 1,400 motorcycles spanning over 100 years of production and 200 different manufacturers.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – This 67.5-acre botanical garden operates from sunrise to sunset every day of the year. Over 350,000 guests each year enjoy the garden’s collection of plants and sculptures.
- Alabama Splash Adventure – If you are visiting in the summer, you’ll want to be sure to go to Alabama Splash Adventure. Open May through September, this waterpark has plenty of water rides and roller coasters to go around.
- Birmingham Museum of Art – Founded in 1951, the Birmingham Museum of Art is home to a vast collection of more than 26,000 pieces of art that range in origin from ancient times right up to today.
If you are ready to check out all that the Birmingham area has to offer, book your stay at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham today. Centrally located off of Highway 280 near Interstate 459, our Birmingham hotel will put you in the perfect location to enjoy many sights and activities all throughout the city. After a long day of fun, you will be glad to return to your spacious hotel room where every member of your group will be able to spread out and get some rest so that you’re all ready to take on the next day. To book your stay at Sonesta ES Suites Birmingham, follow this link to book directly from our website.