In the middle of Winter, we could all use some comfort food every once in a while. So we asked Executive Chef Charles Pejeau at Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island to share a favorite. What he sent surprised even us: a simple and mouthwatering take on macaroni and cheese with a hearty, Low Country accent. Enjoy!
Short Rib and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Chef Charles Pejeau, Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups of cooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 4 ounces of cooked short rib (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons pimento cheese
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper as needed
Serves 3 people
- Bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a sauté pan. Let it reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked elbow noodles and short rib. Stir in the pimento cheese, tossing the pan constantly to ensure equal distribution of the cheese.
- Check for seasoning, transfer to an oven safe bowl and top with the cheddar cheese. Broil for 1.5 minutes.
Categories: Food is Art