Summer officially begins June 21, and the 4th of July is just around the corner. This all-American holiday calls for barbecues, fireworks, fun in the sun, and of course red, white, and blue cocktails. At Sonesta we love any excuse to create delicious new liquid art, and we have some 4th of July cocktail recipes you can try at home. Of course, if you feel like traveling for the 4th, you can always take advantage of the Sonesta Summer Sale and enjoy one of these cocktails where it was created!
Photo credit: @BostonFoodgram
2 oz Empress Gin
Top with Tonic
3 Edible flowers
1 grilled grapefruit wedge
In a glass filled with ice cubes, add gin. Garnish it with 3 edible flowers and a grapefruit wedge. Serve Tonic on the side
Garnish: Grapefruit wedge and edible flowers
Glass: Stemless Wine Glass
½ oz grenadine
1 oz vodka
¼ oz triple sec
2 oz sour mix
½ oz blue curacao
Splash of club soda
Combine vodka, triple sec and sour mix over ice and shake. Fill glass with mixture and layer in grenadine. Combine blue curacao and club soda together and layer over grenadine and vodka mixture to make it look red, white and blue.
Blueberry Coconut Sparkler
3 cups fresh blueberries
3 tbsp lemon juice
½ cup coconut rum
2 ½ cups ginger ale
Garnish of coconut flakes
1. Muddle the blueberries in the bottom of a medium bowl
2. Add the lemon juice and coconut rum, stir until well combined. Using the mixture and discard the blueberry skins
3. Add the ginger ale and gently stir until combined
4. Garnish rums of glasses with coconut flakes (optional)
5. Fill glasses with ice and add Blueberry Coconut Sparkler
Liberty for All
1oz Cranberry Juice
1oz Pineapple Juice
1oz Orange Juice
Combine drinks in a shaker and shake well.
Pour over ice in a cocktail glass. Garnish with Lemon, strawberry and Blueberry Skewer
Red White and Blue Mojito
1.5 ounces of rum
6-8 fresh mint leaves
3 strawberries, stemmed and quartered
Juice from ½ of a lime.
1 ounce of simple syrup
- Muddle Strawberries, blueberries, lime juice, simple syrup in a 12 ounce glass. Add rum. Stir to combine.
- Top with ice and add club soda. Stir to combine. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint sprig.
Categories: Liquid Art