Some people say that the key to a productive day is checking something off your to-do list right when you wake up. For some that may be drinking of full glass of water, and for others it may be making your bed. Accomplishing something so early on in your day can set the tone for a very productive day ahead.
As many of us are spending more time at home, we at Sonesta wanted to share our tips for bringing hotel life into your own house.
We’d love to see how you make up your Sonesta bed at home! Share using the hashtag #mySonestabed.
You will need:
- 3 flat sheets
- 1 comforter
For best results, begin with clean sheets and a stripped bed. Iron your sheets, just a little! This will help achieve that crisp look. Gather all blankets and sheets, place next to the bed.
- Place first flat sheet over the mattress pad, pull the sheet all the way to the top of the mattress
- Push mattress tight against the headboard so that the sheet can be pulled and tightened at the foot of the bed
- Tuck the top half of the sheet under the mattress on both sides
- At the foot of the bed, tuck the end of the sheet under the mattress
- Grab and lift the draping sheet at the bottom corner of the bed, tuck the lower part of the sheet under the mattress. Form a 45-degree angle with the rest of the sheet – smooth and place under the mattress. Repeat on the opposite side of the bed.
- Place the second flat sheet on the bed
- Lie comforter on top of the second flat sheet
- Place third flat sheet on top of comforter and pull up to the top of the mattress, near the headboard
- Pull back the second sheet, comforter and third sheet at the top of the bed
- Fold down a second time. Make even and tight. Fold down of sheets should be even with the nightstand.
- Finish tucking in the sides of the bed
- Fold and tuck the sheets and comforter at the bottom corners of the bed to form a 90 degree angle
- Add pillows!!
Perform your own turn down service, or better yet have someone do it for you! We recommend a chocolate on each pillow.
Bring the comfort of Sonesta into your home with a Sonesta bed, linens, and more. Shop now.