Easter is a favorite holiday for those with a sweet tooth, and we’ve got the perfect recipe for all of the chocolate lovers out there. Chef David Mahady from Royal Sonesta Boston has shared a decadent chocolate mousse recipe complete with Peeps and jelly bean garnishes.
If you’ve kept track of our recipe blog posts, you may remember Chef Mahady’s name from past posts; he knows how to celebrate the holidays, and we love his holiday favorites like the traditional Roasted Prime Rib and Baked Brie with us.
If you’re celebrating Easter, this dessert will not only taste delicious, but it also adds some holiday fun to your table. #Foodisart after all!
5.3oz. Dark Chocolate (70% cacao)
14 oz. Heavy Cream (COLD)
3 Egg Whites
1 oz. Sugar
15 Oreo Cookies (take the cream middle out and Crushed)
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
3-5 Drops of Green Food Dye
1) Mix the coconut with a couple drops of green food dye till the coconut looks like green grass. Take the middle cream filling out of the Oreo cookies, and put the cookie parts in a sandwich bag and crush them. Set these aside until Mousse is ready to assemble.
2) Place a bowl onto of a pot of simmering water (double boiler) and put chocolate in the bowl to melt. Stir occasionally and when melted turn off the heat and let sit until needed.
3) Beat the cream in a cold bowl until soft peaks. Set this aside.
4) With a mixer whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Once it reaches soft peaks gradually add the sugar and continue whipping until it firms up.
5) Take the melted chocolate and add it all to the whipped egg whites. Mix until incorporated.
6) Next using a spatula fold in the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up.
7) Assembling the mini mason jars. Put some of the crushed Oreo in the bottom, then a couple spoons of the mouse, followed by more cookie crumble and more mousse on top of that to fill the jar. Top the Mousse with the Green Coconut, a Peep and a couple jellybeans. Serve with a spoon.
Looking for more Easter recipes?