There’s nothing like a warm Southern welcome any time of year, but around the holidays, a visit to the Atlanta area is extra special. There’s a ton of holiday cheer, shopping, great dining, and mild weather that allows you to enjoy being outdoors.
With 17 Sonesta hotels in the Atlanta area to choose from, you’ll find the perfect spot for your visit. Our Atlanta hotels want you to visit this winter, and to encourage their neighbors to plan a road trip, they’re offering 18% off your rate with qualifying identification for residents in the states of Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee. Welcome, neighbors!
What can you do in Atlanta this holiday season?
Events are back, and below are just a few ideas for your Atlanta itinerary.
Stone Mountain Christmas – The Atlanta area’s most heartwarming holiday celebration includes music, lights, shows, visits from holiday characters, railroad rides, and much more.
Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Georgia – Over one million LED lights sparkle at this Atlanta fun park, where you’ll find visits with Santa, rides, carolers, hot chocolate, and other holiday treats.
Miracle on Peachtree – The Buckhead area is host to a month of holiday celebrations, including a hot chocolate crawl, festival of trees, and a holiday 5k.
Shopping – You’ll have plenty of options to get your holiday shopping done when you visit Atlanta. As Discover Atlanta notes, the area is a “Shopping Utopia”. From shopping malls to markets to pop up shops, there’s an endless number of opportunities to shop ’til you drop, with each neighborhood offering something unique. #StaySonesta and explore!
Our Atlanta hotels represent four of our brands, Sonesta Hotels & Resorts, Sonesta Select, Sonesta ES Suites, and Sonesta Simply Suites. From full service hotel experiences with dining on-site, perfect for reuniting with friends, to our all-suite hotels, complete with kitchens, and ideal for family travel, our hotels aim to meet your traveling needs.
See below for recommendations from our hotels for more events and must-see sights in and around the Atlanta area.
• Atlanta Station- Christmas shopping, ATL holiday lights November 11- January 2
• Botanical Gardens- Garden lights and holiday nights through January 3
• Piedmont Park – Walking paths and very family friendly
• Mercedes Benz stadium- Football & Soccer games
• Sparkling Nights of Lights / Light Show (Woodstock, GA)
• Holiday Luminosity Laser Light Show (LakePoint Sports Complex)
• The Nutcracker Ballet (Marietta, GA)
• The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta (Woodstock, GA)
• Cumberland Mall – offering 148 stores and 24 food options
• Cobb Galleria Center and the Battery / Trust Park, home of the World Series Champions, Atlanta Braves. Stores, eateries and attractions open 7 days a week to Dine, Play, Shop.
• Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre featuring the Atlanta Ballet: The Nutcracker from December 4th to December 29th.
• Shop like a filmmaker – Chamblee’s Antique Row District features more than 350 dealers set up in more than 300,000 square feet. The vendors carry everything from American and European furniture to vintage advertising to Civil War items to period clothing.