Every major milestone deserves a toast. And this one deserves its very own cocktail! When Sonesta recently welcomed our one millionth Sonesta Travel Pass member, Beverage Manager Lauren Ward at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans felt inspired to create her own work of Liquid Art to celebrate the occasion. We are happy to share her recipe with you. As you sip this delicious drink, just imagine what we’ll mix together when we reach two million!
Sonesta Celebration Sidecar
Lauren Ward, Royal Sonesta New Orleans
- Luxardo maraschino cherries, plus syrup from jar
- 5 oz Courvoisier VS/VSOP Cognac (1.75 oz for a stronger drink)
- .5 oz Cointreau liqueur
- .25 oz simple syrup (adjust to your taste)
- .25-.5 oz of fresh lemon juice (adjust to your taste)
- 2 dashes rhubarb bitters
- Sugar to rim glass, if desired
- Muddle 3 maraschino cherries and a splash of syrup into a shaker. Add ice to shaker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake thoroughly.
- If desired, rim a rocks glass with sugar by turning the glass upside down first into a plate of shallow water and then into a small plate of sugar. Fill the glass with 2/3 fresh ice.
- Strain the mixed drink over the ice and top off with additional ice if desired.
- Garnish with 2 Luxardo cherries on a stick.
Categories: Liquid Art